Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Positive Discipline in the Clinical Setting: Medical Practitioner as Healer and Teacher
Thursday, January 31, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Scotts Valley, CA
Medical and mental health practitioners will share their experiences in using PD in clinical setting to effectively address:
· Lifestyle management;
· Obesity prevention;
· Healthy physical development;
· Social emotional learning; and
· Health issues of marginalized populations.
This program will also provide:
· A briefing of Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACES);
· A discussion of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian approach that is consistent with current research on brain function and is trauma informed; and
· Experience with several effective and easy tools that foster respectful relationships to model for parents in the clinic setting.
CEU’s & CME’s available: CA Board of Registered Nursing, CEP #15319, CA Board of Behavioral Sciences, # 3902 & CME to be determined.
Ticket includes reception dinner from 6-7 p.m.
Positive Discipline Community Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.pdcrsantacruz.org
Physician's Medical Group of Santa Cruz County, www.pmgscc.com
Go for Health Collaborative: Promoting Child Nutrition and Fitness in Our Communities,